Aditya Birla Group
Ranchi – www.adityabirla.com – 02/02/2023
Salary – Based on current CTC
Established in 1994, Birla Sunlife Asset Management Company, (BSLAMC) is a joint venture between Aditya Birla Group and Sunlife Financial Inc., a leading international financial services company in Canada. BSLAMC is a fund manager for Birla Sunlife Mutual Funds and currently ranks as the fourth largest fund Management houses in India with a total Average AUM base of over INR 1 Lakh 40 Thousand Crores (as on Dec 2015). Out of the 42 fund houses in the country, BSLAMC ranked 1st in Fixed Income AUM and 5th in Equity AUM category respectively. As of December 2015, the Average AUM market Share of the organisation was approx 10.2%. The company grew its investor client base by 20% to about 2.42Mn from 2.01Mn from the previous year, thereby bagging a second position in this category.
Job Profile & Responsibilities
- Drives ongoing sales from the defined relationships and contribute towards regions achievements.
- Obtains and analyzes information from market to identify new clients, makes direct pitches, liaises with channel partners to increase sales.
- Profiles distributors and caters to their requirements to ensure ongoing business from them.
- Ensures targeted number of folios are added and achieves targeted amount of new SIPs.
- Conducts regular meetings and contact with the distributors.
- Undertakes empanelment and activation of distributors.
- Disseminates updates and other product related information in timely manner.
- Organizes and executes trainings and engagements for partners.
- Graduate/Post Graduate.
- CWM certification would be an added advantage.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Ensures 100% compliance with internal reporting & audit systems.
- Provides weekly reports, to Regional Heads and Channel Heads.
- Updates sales portal with requisite information to facilitate information collation and analysis.
- Undertakes installation of advertising and publicity materials for brand visibility.
One of the key challenges for BSLAMC has been to maintain a balance between moving with dynamic and constantly changing regulatory norms of the country and maintaining growth and profitability in the extremely competitive market. And some of key strengths of the organization that have helped it to sustain and grow are:
a) Focus on Technology – The organization has been in the forefront in implementing technological innovation to foster innovation and also to improve efficiency for its stakeholders, whether it is employees, clients or distributors
b) Product Innovation – BSLAMC has been known to be a pioneer in terms of products and has a history of launching innovative, category defining products like Birla Cash plus, etc.
c) Research based approach – BSLAMC has one of the largest team of research analyst dedicated to tracking down the best companies to invest in
d) Strong Distributor Delivery Mechanism – The Company has developed a 4 -pronged sales/delivery mechanism to ensure maximum reach and penetration to the end customers. This mechanism includes Company’s direct Channels (branches/online), Independent Financial Advisors (IFAs), National Distributors (ND) and Banks.
e) Regulator Interface – BSLAMC plays a key role in the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) with quite a few members of the top management being a part of the AMFI Board. It has hence ensured that it can discuss any new Industry development from a regulatory perspective at the initial stages with the Regulator as well as the Industry Association
f) People Management – BSLAMC believes in continuously measuring the perception of its people using a 4-S approach, namely Satisfaction, Say, Stay and Strive, which has enabled it to garner a workforce committed and aligned to the overall business success.