Gurgaon – www.fidelityinternational.com – 09/01/2023
Salary – Based on current CTC
Associate Investment Fund Analyst
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and retirement expertise to institutions, individuals and their advisers around the world. We bring together savings and pensions expertise with world-class investment choices – both our own and those of others – to help our clients build better futures for themselves and generations to come. As a private company we think generationally and invest for the long term. Helping clients to save for retirement and other long term investing objectives has been at the core of our business for 50 years. We do this by developing specific retirement needs focused investment solutions for clients, their advisers and the defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes around the world whose assets we manage. We also offer comprehensive services relating to investing: For individual investors and their advisers we provide guidance to help them invest in a simple and cost effective way. For institutions including pension funds, banks and insurance companies we offer full-service asset management outsourcing as well as custom tailored investment solutions. And for employers we provide workplace pension administration services on top or independently of managing their pension assets.
Job Profile & Responsibilities
- Produce market reviews and investment outlook pieces.
- Ability to think from a customer viewpoint and deliver timely, accurate and insightful communication on Fidelity funds. This will require a detailed knowledge of each manager’s investment process, recent performance and portfolio positioning.
- Write monthly, quarterly and annual client reports, as well as statutory annual and semi-annual reports, tailoring the output to each specific template.
- Present data in understandable format for sales teams.
- Ensure all standard product content for Fidelity products is produced on time and to the appropriate quality standards.
- Address ad hoc data related queries on funds.
- Accurate collation and generation of presentations using a variety of media.
- Develop an understanding of the sales process.
- Support in automation of information provided to customer services teams.
- Masters Degree – economics/business/finance.
- CFA/CWM qualification would be advantageous.
- 4+ years relevant experience in security analysis / investment/research related role.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Good knowledge of the equity markets and key macroeconomic indicators.
- Good writing skills with attention to detail.
- Competent at analysing fund-related data.
- Familiarity with databases like DataStream and Bloomberg required.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and VBA.
- Strong communicator and an ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation including stakeholders in global locations.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Self motivated and resilient.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an inclination for going beyond immediate deliverables and understanding the business environment in order to effect improvements.
- Proactive approach and a ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- The Investment Fund Analysts team is India is an integral part of the Investment Directing teams (Equities, Fixed income and Multi Asset) based in London, Japan, Hong Kong and Canada. The Investment Fund Analysts in India works closely with the Investment Directing teams in overseas offices and the role involves supporting Investment Directors in generating baseline investment communication material for Fidelity funds. This includes market reviews, fund analysis/performance & strategy commentaries for client reports, and fund presentation updates – all aimed to help in asset gathering and asset retention. The role is integral to the successful functioning of each product franchise.
The Investment Fund Analysts will be required to update/produce sales materials such as standard product presentations in order to enable our distribution teams to provide their clients and prospects with an informed view of the investment process behind each fund, along with explanations of current fund performance and positioning. It will also be the responsibility of the individual to provide a quick and relevant response to client queries on funds using existing material or information sourced from elsewhere in the company.